16 Ways To Jump Start Your Workout And Diet In Time For Summer!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
When I interviewed Jasmine Graham about her fitness company Pace For Success, I also asked her if it was too late to get a beach-ready body in time for summer.
“No,” she said. “You can start a 6-week intensive program, [which includes] a diet and a combination of 4–5 days of working out at medium to high intensity.”
Here are Graham’s 16 tips on how to get moving, eat better – and get snatched in time for summer.
1) Get a friend or family member to start an exercise program with you.
2) Go to a running store to get fitted for the right sneaker to support you and then start walking. Start off with 20 – 25 minutes and build up weekly from there.
3) Cotton is not your friend. Purchase the proper clothing to exercise. Dri Fit or wicking fabrications keep you dry and prevents chafing. 100% cotton fabrics hold the sweat and can be very uncomfortable.
4) Sign up for fitness classes that will challenge you: Boot camps, boxing, running programs, Bikram yoga, TRX, etc.
5) If you have a small group of friends, get a trainer to work with you. Small group training sessions are very popular now. You can do it outdoors or at a location that works well for the group.
6) Eat 5 small meals a day.
7) Drink lots of water.
8) Set a goal for yourself. Sign up for a 5k so that you have something to work towards. Give yourself 6-8 weeks to train for it.
9) Add more walking to your day.
10) Don’t be a slave to the scale. Take your measurements and track the inches that you lose.
11) Make healthy choices whenever possible. This leads to healthy living not fad diets that come and go.
12) Cut back on sugar and salt.
13) Purchase a juicer and start juicing your fruits and vegetables.
14) 75% of your plate should be veggies.
15) Start a running program slowly. You aren’t in high school anymore. Start with a run/walk and slowly work up to running. Focus on proper form to prevent injury.
16) Use a pedometer to track how many steps you take daily. 10,000 is the daily recommendation.
Don’t forget to vote for THE URBANE URBANITE for BEST LIFESTYLE BLOG. To vote, click here, type in your email address, go to page 5, look for category #32 and select THE URBANE URBANITE for BEST LIFESTYLE BLOG and submit! Thanks!